(University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.PHIL./PH.D Degrees) Regulations, 2016. In supersession of the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Awards of M. Phil. /Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2009, notified in The Gazette of India [No. 28, Part III- Section 4] for the week July 11-July 17, 2009
Eligibility criteria for admission in M. Phil programme:
2.1 Candidates for admission to the M. Phil. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
2.2 For admission in M. Phil. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Eligibility criteria for admission in Ph.D. programme:
2.4 Master’s degree holders satisfying the criteria stipulated under clause 2.1and 2.2 above.
2.3 Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M. Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
2.4 A person whose M. Phil dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution;
2.5 Candidates possessing a degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian institution, from A foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is Approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home Country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or Assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to ph. d. Programme.
- M. Phil. programme shall be for a minimum duration of two (2) consecutive semesters / one year and a maximum of four (4) consecutive semesters / two years.
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of one year for M. Phil and two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of M.Phil / Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
Universities shall admit M. Phil /Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test conducted by time to time notification and may decide separate terms conditions for Ph.D. Entrance Test for those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder or have passed M. Phil programme. Similar approach may be adopted in respect of Entrance Test for M. Phil programme.
For admission to M. Phil - Ph. D programmes to register fill the application from ONLINE / OFF LINE only by accessing the website www.opjsuniversity.edu.in
How to apply?
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the Ph.D. Information Brochure carefully. Candidates must follow the following Steps while applying online Application Form.
Step 1: Apply For Ph. D Programmes
- Visit University Website
- Find the notification page
- Apply Online/offline. research.opjsuniversity.edu.in
- Finalize Application Form
- Pay Entrance Test Fee
How to pay M. Phil. Ph. D. entrance exam fees?
Candidates can pay fees either through online or through offline mode. Complete details of payments are given below:
Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 5,000/- (Rs. Five Thousand Only) through Net-Banking/Debit/Credit Card after Registration in OPJS University Bank Account.
Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. Five Thousand Only) in any branch of Punjab National Bank throughout the country on the same working day. (Bank Service Charges will be extra)
Note: entrance test fee is non refundable.*
- Admission will be based on an Entrance Test and test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified in advance (changes of Centres, if any, also to be notified well in advance) at the level m of the individual HEI as mentioned in clause 1.2; and
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University as the candidates is required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee.
The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
The credit assigned to the M. Phil. or Ph.D. course work shall be a minimum of 08 credits and a maximum of 16 credits.
- The course work shall be treated as prerequisite for M. Phil. /Ph.D. preparation. A minimum of four credits shall be assigned to one or more courses on Research Methodology which could cover areas such as quantitative methods, computer applications, research ethics and review of published research in the relevant field, training, field work, etc. Other courses shall be advanced level courses preparing the students for M. Phil. /Ph.D. degree.
- All courses prescribed for M. Phil. and Ph.D. course work shall be in conformity with the credit hour instructional requirement and shall specify content, instructional and assessment methods. They shall be duly approved by the authorized academic bodies.
- The Department where the scholar pursues his/her research shall prescribe the course(s) to him/her based on the recommendations of the Research Advisory Committee, as stipulated under sub-Clause 8.1 below, of the research scholar.
- All candidates admitted to the M. Phil. and Ph.D. programmes shall be required to complete the course work prescribed by the Department during the initial one or two semesters.
- Candidates already holding M. Phil. degree and admitted to the Ph.D. programme, or those who have already completed the course work in M. Phil. and have been permitted to proceed to the Ph.D. in integrated course, may be exempted by the Department from the Ph.D. course work. All other candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programme shall be required to complete the Ph.D. course work prescribed by the Department.
- Grades in the course work, including research methodology courses shall be finalized after a combined assessment by the Research Advisory Committee and the Department and the final grades shall be communicated to the Institution/College.
- A M. Phil. /Ph.D. scholar has to obtain a minimum of 55% of marks or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in the course work in order to be eligible to continue in the programme and submit the dissertation/thesis.
Research Advisory Committee and its functions:
There shall be a Research Advisory Committee, or an equivalent body for similar purpose as defined in the Statutes/Ordinances of the Institution concerned, for each M. Phil. and Ph.D. scholar. The Research Supervisor of the scholar shall be the Convener of this Committee. This Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- To review the research proposal and finalize the topic of research;
- To guide the research scholar to develop the study design and methodology of research and identify the course(s) that he/she may have to do.
- To periodically review and assist in the progress of the research work of the research scholar.
- A research scholar shall appear before the Research Advisory Committee once in six months to make a presentation of the progress of his/her work for evaluation and further guidance. The six monthly progress reports shall be submitted by the Research Advisory Committee to the Institution/College with a copy to the research scholar.
- In case the progress of the research scholar is unsatisfactory, the Research Advisory Committee shall record the reasons for the same and suggest corrective measures. If the research scholar fails to implement these corrective measures, the Research Advisory Committee may recommend to the Institution/College with specific reasons for cancellation of the registration of the research scholar.
For Ph. D
- Entrance Test Fee- Rs. 5000/-
- Course Fee- Rs. 80,000/ Year
- Total Fee- Rs. 2,45,000/-
For M. Phil
- Entrance Test Fee- Rs. 2000/-
- Course Fee- Rs. 80,000/Year
- Total Fee- Rs. 82,000/-
For Ph. D Honorary
- Application form with academic bio data: Rs. 100000/-
- Biopic and work report: Rs. 100000/-
- Convocation Charges
- Degree in personal convocation ( No Charge)
- Degree in University convocation ( 100000/-)
- Degree convocation in parliamentary board of London (300000/-)
For D. Lit (Doctor of Literature)
|First Viva Fee for Registration
|Thesis Submission and Evaluation
|Open session Viva
*Fees Shall Be Deposit in University Account or Deposit on University Fees Counter and Take Receipt.
Demand Draft / Cheque / Banker Cheque etc. shall be made by the name of “The OPJS University” AU Small Finance Bank payable at Churu, Rajasthan. (Payment Slip and confirmation is subject to clearance of banking instruments)
Note: If you have any query, Call US @ 7726009719/ OR Official Email ID for the admission enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Genuine Research Work.
- 24*7 Hours Phone Assistance by Guide.
- Completion of Research work on time, Degree will be awarded on time.