The mission of the OPJS University is to contribute to nation and society through the pursuit of education, leaning and research at the highest international levels of excellence and to stand on the same scaffold with other universities of eminence.
The University’s core values are as follow:
- Freedom of thought and expression
- Freedom from discrimination
- Freedom from mental poverty.
- To instill tendency in the students to learn more and more.
- To develop and enquiring mind.
- Education which enhances the ability of students to learn throughout life.
- To make students more pragmatic.
- The encouragement of a questioning spirit
- An extensive range of academic subjects in all major subjects groups.
- Quality and depth of provision across all subjects.
- The close inter-relationship between teaching scholarship and research
- Strong support for in individual researchers as well as research groups.
- Residence in OPJS campus as central to most course.
The University’s relationship with society
- The widest possible student access to the University irrespective of caste and creed.
- The contribution which the University can make to society through the pursuit, dissemination and application of knowledge.
- The place of University which in the broader academic and local community
- Opportunities for innovative partnerships with business, charitable foundations and healthcare
- Concern for sustainability and the relationship with the environment
The University and its affiliate
- The relationship between the University and the affiliated institutes/departments as fundamental to the nature of OPJS.
- The interdisciplinary nature of the departments as a major stimulus to teaching and learning.
- The enhanced quality of experience for students and staff through departmental membership.
- Recognition and reward of University’s staff as its greatest asset.
- The encouragement of career development for all staff.
- The opportunities for broadening the experience of students and staff through participation in sport, music, drama, the visual arts and other cultural activities because a healthy mind resides in a healthy body.
- Equal importance to co-curricular and extra curricular activities